Thursday, January 15, 2009

1st vacation of the year!

Anyone that knows us well, knows that we love going on vacation. It can be a 2 day trip or a 3 week trip, we just love escaping reality and bonding together.




This year the kids had 2 full weeks out of school for the holidays. Some of you may moan at this, I get giddy with excitement and start planning.




We stayed in St. George the week of Christmas, there are so many things going on, fun family traditions that the kids do not want to miss out on. But the week of new years, we were out of here.




Sean brought home the RV and we loaded her up. I love this hillbilly side of our family. We just love being "on the road again!" I can just hear Willie Nelson singing this.




We headed to our most favorite spot --- Santa Barbara, California. What is not to love about this quaint oceanside town. We explore parks, the local zoo, walk out on the pier late at night when it's really foggy and this trip we went and explored the Santa Barbara Mission. I think I should have been raised Catholic because I just love all the crosses and decor of the Catholic churches. Would anyone really be offended if I had a huge wooden cross in my entryway???




Our 2nd favorite spot is 30 miles north of Santa Barbara. It is a small danish community called Solvang. Cutest town ever. It was in the movie "Sideways". We spent an entire day here shopping in the shops along main street.

We seem to head to Santa Barbara 2 to 3 times a year, we love it so much.


Solvang
The Santa Barbara Mission

3 comments:

  1. Hang away Kendra! How fun to go on vacations as a family...I remember when I was a kid we always did family vacations and I just loved them. I guess with Dave's schedule (retail) we just never can get away! New Years Resolution #1 - Go on a family vacation with just my hubby and kids! You have inspired me...Thanks for checking out my blog, now I know where you are and I can check yours as well! Just give me a call and I will help you out with what ever you need!!! (i'm still new at this myself)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is too cute! Your family is so cute and your kids are getting so old...crazy! I know, it was fun to see you guys too. I was a mess that day, Haha. My mom and I were talking about bread pudding (random huh?) the other day and I remember how yummy your moms is...is that one of her secret recipes? If not, I would love it! Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kendra, my first time viewing your website...I must say I LOVE your family picture at the top of your blog. You all look very nice and happy!

    ReplyDelete