Saturday, June 6, 2009

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN'

What is better than hanging out at the beach in Southern California for a week??? We had such a good time at the Carlsbad State Beach. What a little gem it was and we ran into 3 St. George neighbors there. Sean took so many pictures that I am going to have to break them up into different categories and blog them seperately. We spent many days just laying out at the beach while the kids boogie boarded. We did a Disneyland day, of which I have no pictures. None of us wanted to worry about carrying a camera. We hit the Orange County Flea Market - which was an awesome day of getting lots of good stuff at el cheapo prices. We rode bikes all over and checked out a few of the little beach cities along the way.

I'll start the pictures with our RV! We love this house on wheels - it is the greatest way to travel for us!
Here is our campsite. We are down on the beach looking up- the campground is right on the beach - just up on a bluff. This was a huge campground with 222 sites. Lots of families hangin' out having fun!

Here we are inside - we had just showered and were getting ready to play our nightly ritual of UNO before we went to bed. I liked this campground because you could not have your generators on after 8 p.m. which meant no WII or movies - just good old fashioned family games! Kenzie always seems to have a soccer ball involved somehow.

Here I am behind the wheel, which was my first time in this RV. It drove a lot easier than the last one so even though I look very stiff and scared - I am actually doing ok. That is until I look in my side mirror and see my children hanging out the windows. In one way I felt like I had transformed into the movie "Sound of Music" and that I should break out in song and the other side of me kinda wanted to throw up a little. Could Hudson's face be any funnier???


Just hangin' out around the campfire.

The girls on their beach cruisers. We rode around so much and Jordan's little basket came in so handy when we made quick trips to the store or to drive ins.

2 comments:

  1. damn. i think your life is just a little COOLER than mine.

    kinney, seeing you behind that wheel is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindi said it best...Your life is way more COOLER then mine! I'm pretty much stuck at home while you are tripping around in that house on wheels! How AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete